Exciting Volunteering Opportunities
We’re looking to recruit a small number of volunteers who would be willing to take on the following responsibilities at each Blackburn Couch to 5K session: –
- Set out flags, cones and equipment from the container (located on site) according to the event site plan
- Ensure that there are sufficient run leaders and volunteers for each group and put contingency plans in place if needed
- Deliver information and safety briefings via the public address system
- Manage the various groups leaving the site for their sessions
- Replace all flags, cones and equipment back into the container located on site
- Remain on site until the Couch to 5K groups return from their sessions – approximately 40 minutes in total (the safe return of the progression groups will be managed by the respective run leaders as they can be out for up to 90 minutes)
- Ensure the container is securely locked before leaving the site
You would be required to arrive on site by 18:25, remaining there until approximately 19:45, on Mondays and Thursdays.
The sessions in 2022 will run between the following dates: –
- 31/01/22 to 31/03/22
- 09/05/22 to 07/07/22
- 05/09/22 to 05/11/22
If you’re interested in this very rewarding role(s), and are free on Monday and Thursday evenings, please complete the contact form, putting Site Coordinator in the subject field.
Be sure to include some background information about yourself and why you want to get involved as a site coordinator 🙂
Note: Everybody at Blackburn Couch to 5K gives their time for free, so participants from all backgrounds can enjoy the program completely free of charge. There is no remuneration or out of pocket expenses for volunteers. This makes us unique, is truly in the spirit of what we do and reflects the ethos and values of the group. Please bear this in mind.